Worship


gettyimages.com


Worship doesn't change your God,but it changes you.

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. -C. S. Lewis

A service of worship is primarily a service to God. When we realize this and act upon it, we make it a service to men. -Ralph W. Sockman

An authentic life is the most personal form of worship. Everyday life has become my prayer. -Sarah Ban Breathnach

As we learn from the New Testament, the Jews and the Samaritans in the days of Jesus were not agreed on the question which was the proper place of worship, but that there could be only one was taken to be as certain as the unity of God Himself. -Julius Wellhausen

Business underlies everything in our national life, including our spiritual life. Witness the fact that in the Lord's Prayer, the first petition is for daily bread. No one can worship God or love his neighbor on an empty stomach. -Woodrow Wilson

Could the one whom Christians worship be merely a mythological creation, or is he real? These questions have exercised many great minds and have been the dominant issue in New Testament studies during this century. -John Clayton

I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love. -Henry Ward Beecher

I think worship is a lifestyle, first of all. -Michael W. Smith

I'm learning, but I'm getting better at it because I'm learning how to hear God in worship. -Michael W. Smith

I've explored the worship side, the pop side, and the film scoring side of me. -Michael W. Smith

It is only when men begin to worship that they begin to grow. -Calvin Coolidge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jakarta in Two Words

Heartbreak is a Blessing

My Friends' Quotations in Facebook