C. S Lewis

When all the suns and nebulae have passed away, each one of you will still be alive.

We're crying out for Him who can untie things that are now knotted together; tie up things that are still loose.

I cannot learn to love my neighbour till I learn to love God. I cannot learn to love God except by learning to obey Him.

If you want to get warm you move near the fire. If you want joy, peace, eternal life, you must get close to what has them.

Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.

We long for more & God's promise is that there is more awaiting us. More to delight us than we will ever exhaust.

Nobody knows how bad they are until they have tried very hard to be good.

God is basic Fact. He must not be thought of as a featureless generality. He is the most concrete thing there is.

It is safe to tell the pure in heart that they shall see God, for only the pure in heart want to.

It cost God nothing, so far as we know, to create nice things: but to convert rebellious wills cost Him crucifixion.

I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.

God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain.

I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me.

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.

I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.

To love is to be vulnerable.

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jakarta in Two Words

Heartbreak is a Blessing

My Friends' Quotations in Facebook