Dangerous Road


"Sometimes in life we have to walk in the dangerous road which may bring us fall down."

I got these nice words when I took a walk in a long bridge of TransJakarta bus. Whenever I passed that bridge I was so afraid. I felt that I was in danger when I looked down. So I took every step carefully every time I crossed this bridge. Suddenly the words above came into my mind. I thought that it was the same with life.
Sometimes God allows you to walk in a dangerous road. You may ask Him, "Why I have to take this way? Why don’t you give me just straight way?” That’s easy to answer. It's because God really wants you not to have a 'flat' life. Flat life means your life is running well, according to your will. But your will is different from God's. God’s will is that seeing you to take a dangerous road and have a challenging life. I wanna ask you a question. What would you do if you are in danger? You would call your parents, police, and your best partner, right? God wants you to take the dangerous road and the challenging life in order to make you keep your faith on God. If you have faith in God only when you are in good times, that's nothing. Therefore if you have 'flat life', never take the dangerous life you may forget God and you life will never grow up.
Walking in that road may not be easy but God promises not to make your fall down. Do you know Job? He is a prosperous wealthy man. He is also a man who is very faithful to God.  One day, God removed his wealth, children and health. He was very shocked. His friends blamed on him. Even his wife left him but he kept on his believe. Trying not leave God was not an  easy thing he could do but he kept doing till then he put up with it and curse the day of his birth. God heard the swearwords he said. God then spoke to Job with these famous words: “Brace yourself like a man. I will question you and you will answer.” Job was overwhelmed and said “I am unworthy – how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth.” Then Job’s trial was over.  He was succeed to pass through the dangerous road that almost brought him falling down and after that he was restored to health and gained more than what he lost in possessions.  He lived for another 140 years.

So which one you choose? Live in a comfort life and the safe road but you forget God, or live a challenging life and take a dangerous road, then face them all with God?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jakarta in Two Words

Heartbreak is a Blessing

My Friends' Quotations in Facebook